Union of Veterans’ Affairs Employees (UVAE) Scholarship: Summary of Procedures
2020 applications by email only
Completion of Application Forms
- Applicants must complete scholarship applications for submission to Local Presidents or to the UVAE National Office
- Scholarship applications must be accompanied by a letter from the applicant, as detailed in Note 4
In addition to the Application Form and letter, the following documents are to be provided by the applicant when they become available:
- A certified true copy of the applicant’s high school final examination results (see Note 5)
- A copy of the applicant’s letter of acceptance to a Canadian University or a Provincial School of Technology (see Note 6)
Submission of Applications and Supporting Documentation
- All Application Forms are to be received at the UVAE National Office no later than September 8, 2020.
- Completed application forms should be forwarded as soon as they are completed to avoid any questions of late submissions.
- Supporting documents shall be forwarded to the UVAE National Office as soon as they become available but no later than September 8, 2020 to avoid any questions of late submissions.
National Selection Committee Consideration
- A National Selection Committee consisting of no fewer than three (3) members of the National Executive will be appointed by the National President of the Union of Veterans’ Affairs Employees.
- The National Selection Committee will meet at a time and place coordinated by the UVAE National Office.
- All information received from applicants will be documented and made available for the National Selection Committees consideration and selection of the successful applicants.
- The successful scholarship recipients and all scholarship applicants will be formally advised of the National Selection Committee’s decision.
- Suitable arrangements for the presentation of the scholarship will be made by the UVAE National Office.
- Following the scholarship presentations, the winner’s names and photographs will be published on the UVAE Website.
- There are six (6) $500.00 (five hundred dollar) scholarships to be awarded each year across Canada.
- The scholarship is awarded based on scholastic results throughout high school.
- The Scholarship application must be received no later than September 8th, 2020 to the UVAE National Office via email to email@example.com.
- Your application must be accompanied by a letter providing the following details:
- You must also forward a copy of your letter of acceptance to a Canadian University or Provincial School of Technology.
- This scholarship award is limited to applicants entering a Canadian University or a Provincial School of Technology as FIRST YEAR students.