UVAE Scholarships Information
Summary of Procedures
Completion of Application Forms
- Candidates must complete applications for submission to Local Presidents.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter from the applicant, as detailed in Note 2.
In addition to the Application Form and letter, the following documents are to be provided by the applicant when they become available :
- a certified true copy of the applicant's high school final examination results (see Note 3)
- a copy of the applicant's letter of acceptance to a Canadian university or a provincial school of technology (see Note 4)
Submission of Applications and Supporting Documentation
- Local Presidents shall forward all Application Forms received, to the UVAE National Office no later than August 25, 2017. Completed forms should be forwarded as soon as they are received to avoid any question of late submissions.
- Supporting documents will be forwarded to the National Office as soon as they become available.
National Selection Committee Consideration
- A National Selection Committee consisting of no fewer than three members will be appointed by the National President of the Union of Veterans' Affairs Employees. The Selection Committee will meet at a time and place coordinated by the UVAE Executive Assistant.
- All information received from applicants will be documented and made available for the Selection Board's consideration and selection of the successful applicant.
- The winners and all candidates will be formally advised of the National Selection Committee’s decision.
- Suitable arrangements for the presentation of the award will be made by the UVAE Executive Assistant.
- Following the award presentation, the winners' names and photographs will be published on the UVAE Website.
- There are two $1,000 scholarships awarded each year. In the event of a tie for second place only an additional $1,000 scholarship will be awarded.
- The scholarship is awarded based on scholastic results throughout high school.
- This application must be returned no later than August 25, 2017, to the Local President of the UVAE Local from which it was received.
Your application must be accompanied by a letter providing the following details:
- your extra-curricular activities, both in and out of school;
- any further information you feel would be of interest to the Scholarship Selection Committee.
You must arrange to have a certified true copy of your high school final examination results forwarded as soon as they are available. Your marks must be forwarded to:
Union of Veterans' Affairs Employees
703 - 233 Gilmour Street
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 0P2
- You must also forward a copy of your letter of acceptance to a Canadian university or a provincial school of technology.
- This scholarship award is limited to candidates entering a Canadian university or a provincial school of technology as FIRST YEAR students.